PhD, Sandwich PhD and One year duration, Short Term Research Grants (For Post MS, Post Doc.) Fully Funded Scholarship in Germany For International students in almost every field by German Embassy Islamabad & DAAD. Deadline: 31 August, 2020. Dear all, every year Germany offers, PhD, Sandwich PhD and research grants to conduct studies and research in Germany 2020. But you have to prepare now for it.
Before German professors go for summer vacations, you must have secured a PhD or research or post doc position in their lab. Before German professors hire any other nationality student for their labs, you must have impressed them well not with your gold, silver medals or achievements, but how you can be useful according to their lab research
For all of them, you need to have
- 18 years of completed education before or if you are in MS leading to PhD then course work completed at least
- TOEFL score (minimum 550) / or IELTS test (minimum Band 6.5.), not older than 2 years
- The previous degree must not be older than 06 year
- In case of already doing PhD, should not have passed more than 03 years
- Students with exceptional Bachelors degree (with very very good research profile can try their luck for PhD or short or long term exchanges as well)
For Ph.D., you need to have fulfilled requirements as mentioned above and in the links, you need to have acceptance/admission letter from a professor in Germany. So, you can start to apply now in order to get the things inline on time. Also doing IELTS/ TOEFL.
For Sandwich Ph.D., you need to have again acceptance from a professor in Germany and English test scores, so apply as early as possible
For One-year research grant, you can be a PhD student or Master degree holder and have acceptance from a German professor to work there along with English scores
For Short term grant, you may have done PhD or MS or current PhD student, or even done an exceptional BS degree can apply
See the website and associated links given in it and apply as an application portal opens in coming months. So that you must have acquired acceptances/admission letter before the application opens and have also done IELTS/ TOEFL.
Apply For Islamic University of Madinah Scholarship In Saudia Arabia 2020 ( Fully…
DAAD Research Grants for Phd-students and postdocs
- DAAD research grants are available for doctoral candidates and young postdocs for:
- Research projects at German universities for the purpose of gaining a Ph.D. in the home country (Research Grants- Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Degrees),
- Research projects at a German university for the purpose of gaining a doctorate in Germany,
- Research projects or further education and training at German universities for young post-docs.
Scholarship in Germany For International Students Note
In the past, applicants to the DAAD “Research Grant” programme have been, expected to be faculty of a Pakistani university or research institution. Now, postgraduate students (having recently completed 18 years of education) or who are in the process of finalizing their M. Phil course or who are on an “M. Phil leading to PhD” program or those who have already started their PhD research work without being employed at any university are eligible to apply. Applicants should be clearly aiming at an academic career.
Application for a DAAD Research Grant is highly competitive, and at the endless than one applicant out of ten will be selected for a scholarship. We thus strongly advise you:
Apply only if have strong academic records and your research project has been approved by a German supervisor (or you have proof that a graduate school encourages your application)!
Find out about all other funding possibilities for Scholarship in Germany :
- HEC Overseas Scholarships and UESTP Faculty Training Scholarships: www.hec.gov.pk
- International Max Planck Research Schools: www.imprs.mpg.de
- International Helmholtz Research Schools and Graduate Schools: www.helmholtz.de/phd
- Leibniz Graduate Schools: www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de/graduate-schools
- Graduate Schools funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG): www.dfg.de/en/excellence- initiative/gsc
- DFG Research Training Groups: www.dfg.de/gk/en
- Funded PhD programmes can also be found at: www.phdgermany.de
Call For Application!
The DAAD Portal is now open for the following programs:
- – Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany
- – Research Grants – One-Year Grants for Doctoral Candidates
- – Research Grants – Short-Term Grants
- – Research Grants – Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Degrees
More information About Scholarship in Germany
Application deadline: 31 August 2020
DAAD offers scholarship programs that are generally open to all subjects, although certain restrictions apply to some subjects (e.g. medicine). There are also subject-specific programmes. In the Scholarship database, you can select the scholarships that are offered for your subject group.
Not all programmes require a general minimum language level for funding applications. Depending on country of origin and scholarship programme, however, certain language skills may be expected. You can find out which requirements these are in the “Application requirements” section of the Call for Applications. Please read these requirements thoroughly to find out what applies to your programme.
For scholarships in Germany, however, the following generally applies: when you submit your application, you must provide proof of your current proficiency in the language of instruction (German, English, or German and English) in your chosen study programme.
1. DO I NEED CONTACTS IN GERMANY WHEN I APPLY?
If you wish to carry out individual research or complete a doctorate in Germany, you need confirmation from a university teacher that you are being supervised in Germany (see question 2). If you are taking part in a structured doctoral programme, proof of existing contacts to a doctoral programme coordinator must be submitted in the form of copies of correspondence. If you wish to take a Master’s degree in Germany, all you need to provide is information about your chosen programme (see “Application procedure” in the Call for Applications).
1. HOW DO I APPLY For Scholarship in Germany For International Students?
Application procedures may vary depending on scholarship programme. To find out where and how to apply, please read the “Application procedure” section of the Call for Applications in the Scholarship database (www.funding-guide.de). Seek advice if you have any questions.
Contact persons (often in your area) are listed under “Contact and advice”. A list of locations and contact data from the DAAD network is available here.