The UK International Student Insurance is designed to provide cover for overseas students studying in the UK. The policy has been designed specifically for students and is a comprehensive policy that protects against a range of risks.
The UK International Student Insurance can be purchased by international students who are coming to study in the UK for up to 12 months. This means that if you are planning on studying in the UK for more than 12 months, then you may need to look at other policies which offer cover for longer periods of time.
International students are more vulnerable than other students. They are far away from home, they have to manage a lot of things by themselves, and they have to deal with different cultures and customs. This can be a challenging experience for many international students.
That’s why it’s important to have the right student insurance plan in place before you start your studies abroad. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the most important things you should know about UK international student insurance plans.
Do visit for How To Claim For Insurance in UK?
What Is UK International Student Insurance?
International student insurance is an insurance policy that covers you while studying abroad. It usually comes with a range of benefits, including medical expenses coverage, emergency evacuation services and death benefit provisions.
The UK is a popular destination for international students, with the number of students from outside the EU increasing by 7% in 2018.
In the 2017/18 academic year there were 279,000 non-EU students studying at UK universities, representing 12% of all international student enrolments. This is up from 267,000 in 2016/17 and represents an increase of more than 10% over the past five years.
Many of these foreign students are here to study at postgraduate level, as well as taking a gap year between high school and university.
If you’re planning on staying in the country for any length of time it’s important that you have adequate health insurance while studying abroad.
UK International Student Insurance is an insurance policy that provides cover to international students studying in the UK for a minimum of 6 months.
The policy covers you for:
- emergency medical treatment (including ambulance services) in the event that you become ill or injured while studying
- personal liability should you be sued or held legally responsible for damage to another person’s property or injury sustained by them as a result of your actions while studying in the UK.
- loss of money or possessions due to theft, fire and other incidents while you are studying in the UK.
- Outpatient care – including physiotherapy and psychological therapies.
- Emergency medical assistance (including repatriation).
- Accidental death & dismemberment cover.